We are building an alliance of individuals and organisations working to enhance access to education and learning outcomes for girls. Our alliance members are individuals and organisations working to advance the rights and educational outcomes of women and girls. To ensure that the Alliance is built up and operates as a strong network, the collective work
of EGISA members is supported by a secretariat based in Lilongwe.
Alliance partners play the following roles:
- Collaborating with other EGISA partners at the national level to develop community-specific strategies to ensure that national action is underpinned by strong local-level progress;
- Advance the cause of women and girls at community through their individual and alliance work;
- Participating in collective advocacy initiatives at the national, regional and global levels;
- Helping to grow the alliance by recommending other organisations also working with women and girls;
- Reporting important national or regional-level policy developments and
strategic opportunities to the secretariat;
- Sharing information about their work. This enables the secretariat to link up members with mutual interests, highlight their activities, and connect members with promising media, funding and other opportunities.